Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chilly nights bring lots of thoughts.

I have come to the conclusion that people suck and that I will no longer work harder to make other people happy when I'm not happy myself.
Today alone I have put at least 10 other people first and made sure that they were completely satisfied with where they were. I used to take comfort and delight in making other people happy.
I used to honestly want to put myself second to the world.
But now that I see how unhappy I am and how little I do for myself, I'm putting people last. Not first, not second, last. Sound harsh? No way. Check this out.
Whenever someone needs help or is having a rough day, they come to me and I immediately put whatever I'm doing aside and help them out. Boyfriend/girlfriend just broke up with you? I'll reassure you that things will get better without saying all that dumb stuff you've heard before. Feeling down about yourself? I'll write you a love letter than makes you feel a billion times better. Best friend got into a fight with you? I'll lend you my shoulder to cry on and listen to you vent.
But as soon as I need something, those people are gone. This has happened more than once and I can't do it anymore. I give so much and all people do is take, take, take. I mean I know that God put me here on this Earth for a reason and one of those reasons was to help those in need and expect nothing in return, and I've been doing it, but it's hard. If someone could just say "Hey, you're doing a really good thing, keep doing it." That'd be really helpful. Motivation is really what I need right about now.

I'm going to start putting myself first, because I haven't been truly happy in a really long time. I keep depending on other people to make me happy and it totally isn't happening. And when other people start making me happy, they always leave. People are always leaving my life and I don't know why. So I need a reliable source to make me happy: what better source then myself.

No comments: