Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spread the word, spread the word.

I know this is already on Facebook, but it just had to be here too.

It finally hit me today: I'm going to be a high school graduate in less than 4 months and will be headed off to college pretty soon.
At first I was pretty excited, but then I became nervous, and then I realized just how much I'm truly going to miss high school. You'll never experience anything like it again. You'll never be with all of these people again. In fact after graduation, after summer, you'll probably only end up talking to maybe 5 people from high school, if that.
Today I also realized how I've wanted to get to know so many different people, but never have even gone up to talk to them. We could have been really good friends. We could have hung out all the time. Alas, I will never know, unless I decide to finally go up and talk to them, which I am encouraging everyone one of you about to graduate to do.
This is our last year together, our last semester, so let's make it a good one.
Take risks.
Forgive people.
Be a friend to all.
And don't be afraid to be yourself.

I'm a dork, I know, and this probably was just a bunch of blah, but I know it will mean something to someone, and that's all that matters to me. Because even if I only help one person, at least I made a difference.

:]

No comments: