Sunday, December 7, 2008

Here we go, the season of love.

I hate winter. HATE.
It used to be my favorite season, because I love the cold and I love the snow. Today I even walked around in a tank top, that's how nice it felt to me.

Today was the perfect day. I had a great day teaching my preschoolers, then played some "football" with some pretty awesome dudes. Then I went to service and enjoyed myself. Then I hung around talking with some friends I haven't seen in a while, one of which I have the most ridiculous crush on ha. Then I went to Ben and Jerry's and Mellow Mushroom with Karl and Bryan and had an awesome time. Then I went to see Alice in Wonderland, which was great, and then Chris randomly sat with us, even though he didn't remember any of us. Which was just hilarious, not that you have any clue what I'm talking about. Then went to Starbucks and walked around downtown freaking people out. And now I'm at home watching Step Brothers. It was the perfect day.

But somehow, none of that matters anymore, because I just feel a lot of hate. I don't even know what it's toward either.
I guess I just realized today how lonely winter is without a lover now. The past two winters, I've had people here with me. And before that, it was just winter and wonderful. But now that I've gotten used to having someone I love with me around winter time, I miss that, and I want it back. I want someone to make a fire for me and snuggle up with me next to it for hours. I want to drink hot chocolate like no one's business with that special someone. I want to go Christmas shopping for hours to try to find the perfect gift for them. I want to kiss someone under the mistletoe. I want to kiss someone when the ball falls for the new year. I want to play in the first snow of the winter with a beautiful boy. I want to stay up all night talking on the phone with him, hoping that school will be canceled the next day. I want to go ice skating and hold hands and fall down together on purpose. I want to go to midnight service on Christmas Eve with that special boy. I want to wear his jacket, because mine isn't enough. I want to walk around in the cold, but not care about it, because I'm with the person I love. I want love.

I hate winter now and I know that the reasons I listed aren't very good reasons, but they are enough to have brought down the perfect day. Seriously, it was the perfect day. Another bad ending to a good day. Damn.

No comments: