Friday, December 12, 2008

Your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourelf to help you get by.

I lost my love for winter and snow
about two months ago.
You took my heart when you left
I know I'll never forget.
I'll never forget any moment or dream
it's safe to say I'll remember everything.

Remember when we stayed up all night
or when you took away all my fright?
Remember when we first met
that's something I won't soon forget.
Remember how I called you pumpkin
or when we stole you a green bin?

My heart is still yours
even after you walked out that door.
This life of mine is empty
but I can't know, I'm "only seventeen."
You were my everything, my life
you said "I want you to be my wife."

I don't know what I've become
because all I am is numb.
Someday you'll see what it's like to feel down
but I'm hoping I won't be around.
My love for you still burns
and you're always where my head turns.

I know someday I'll find
someone worthy to stand beside.
We'll hold each others hands
while listening to our favorite bands.
We'll laugh and sing
and someday give each other rings.

Sure, I'll look happy and content
but my heart will still be broken and bent.
You were the one it was supposed to be
it was always gonna be you and me.
I guess it's safe to say you're not coming back
good thing you had already packed.

I have always and will always
love you for all of my days.
Your memories will always haunt
and I'm positive they'll taunt.
But darling dear
I just want you here.

So here's a hint I'm trying to give you:
I can't get by a moment without you.

No comments: