Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hanging by a string.

I'm hanging on his every word. I can't stop.
Today I decided, alright, this is it. Get over it. You can do it.
I hung out with a friend for the first time in a long time, but my mind was always somewhere else. Always with him. It's always there, and has been for almost two years now. How can I just move my mind some place else?

I just don't understand how things can change so quickly. I went to go see him and he was so in love and happy and didn't want me to leave. Then the next week everything just ends. Apparently it never worked. REALLY? That's the lie I get? How did it work for over a year if things weren't working?
Also, lie number two: how do you stop loving someone the day you tell them you'll love them forever? How does that work exactly? I understand that forever is a lie, but was I really expected to believe that everything you ever said was a lie?

I just need to know the truth, because so far all I've heard is lies. How can I ever move on if I never know the truth?

I'm hanging by everything that has happened in the past year and a half. I'm hanging by the moment we met. I'm hanging by how you saved me. I'm hanging by the last time I saw you. I'm hanging and waiting for someone to cut me down and make me happy.

I'd rather it be you than anyone else, but if it's not, I'll understand. At least I won't be choking anymore. This string is about to suffocate me.

No comments: