Thursday, November 27, 2008

I know what I'm thankful for.

Tradition on Thanksgiving: going around the table telling what you're thankful for. Although we didn't do this at my house this year, I still wondered what am I thankful for? And I didn't know until just know. Sad, but true.
I was going to say I'm thankful for my friends, but then I realized how friends and family are something that you are just automatically thankful for. You don't have to think about it, you just know you are. I wanted to have something aside from that that I could say I was thankful for. So here it is: my brother.
Yeah, I know that he falls into family, but there is a whole extra thankfulness for him.

So this year we were at my dad's house for Thanksgiving and my grandma and brother we're going to be at my mom's house, so my sister and I went over there after we had dinner with my dad. My brother and I got into a HUGE argument and I stormed out. I then sat outside on the cold pavement pissed off.
After about 10 minutes, my brother came out, and we ended up having this really awesome, deep conversation. I told him about what was on my mind and my heart. We talked about how I lost 2 best friends this year, one who died and one who broke up with me without a reason.

Then my brother told me this: Jack isn't man enough to date his kid sister. It's his loss, because you're a really great girl. He took the easy way out by not admitting to his reason for breaking my heart. He's really immature. He pulled a real fucker move. It was shitty. There was a bunch more things that he said, but my favorite was at the end when he said he'd go kick his ass, he's over 18 now, so it's legal!

I know that a bunch of people have been saying the same things, but it just felt so different to hear my brother say them. And that fact that I could feel how serious and sincere my brother was, was amazing. We've never really had that kind of relationship, considering he's 28 and we never see each other.


Well, off to watch Ironman and prepare for shopping at 4 am :] Not shopping, just going for the fun of it. Yay to no sleeping! Until next time, goodbye reader.

No comments: